Craig Martin began his career in the financial planning industry in 1976 at the New York Life Insurance Company. In response to client demands, Craig moved into the security sales business five years later, during the tax shelter fad of the 1980’s. By 1990, dissatisfied with that model, Craig created the model for our current firm. He gave up his license to sell securities because he preferred to work in the best interest of the client, not investment product companies. He is dedicated to helping clients make informed decisions with independent, professional advice and counsel, not product sales. Because Craig agreed to a fiduciary contract with his clients, he was now free to utilize what he truly felt were the best, most academically evidenced investment solutions for his client. The FWCG business model continues this fiduciary responsibility to their clients.
We have a fiduciary responsibility to work only for you, the client..
- Craig served for the Metropolitan YMCA for the past twelve years—six years on the Board of Directors and twelve years on the Endowment Committee.
- He has taught advanced financial planning courses at the University of California at Berkeley.
- He served as President of the San Jose Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals in 1992 and 1993.
- He also served as a board member for the National Association of Insurance and Financial Planners, and he is a member of the Financial Planning Association.
- Craig is an active member of the Morgan Hill Kiwanis.
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS
Craig holds the following designations: CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Chartered Financial Consultant, and Chartered Life Underwriter.
He earned a B.S. Degree in Molecular Biology at San Jose State University, and earned a Master of Science in Financial Services from The American College.
The MSFS indicates expert-level knowledge of estate and income tax planning, cash flow, insurance, and investments.